Tuesday 23 February 2010

Low level in the Lakes.

An early start this morning so that I could head over to the Lakes to obtain some more references for sketches. These days out are generally determined by the weather conditions and recently there has been a lot of snow on the higher central fells which would certainly provide a great challenge and photo opportunities. Unfortunately it also means that some of the features that I need in my sketches such as cairns, walls etc are hidden by drifts of snow. As I approached the fells from the A66 I could see that I would have to change my plans as almost all of the high ground was covered. Instead of a route into Coledale I continued on over the Whinlatter Pass. I did acomplish my aims even though I didn't get to the top of any fell.
It will take a day or two to get the photos online with a full explanation of my day but I was fortunate enough to get a good view and photos of this little chap.
He sat quietly as I stood a short distance away, thankfully the dogs by my side were calm.
The photos from the day are now online so to take a look click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment