Monday 22 February 2010

A day in the studio

It was a day for producing more drawings for the Wainwrights in Colour project. I'm tending to sit and pencil draw a batch and the have a session filling them in with colour. Today I covered several hills which are near the top of the list for completion though some of the fells need the odd reference photograph to be obtained before I can hand the work over to the customer. As nice as all this snow is, it doesn't do me any favours for getting the required views of cairns, gullies, waterfalls etc.
I couldn't have gone over to the lakes today anyway as Esther needed my car to get to work due to the snow and ice on the road down to the village.
So today it was just a couple of short walks for the dogs in the snow. I was hoping to catch a great sunset but left it just a bit late to get to the best viewpoint. (must try harder!)
Still, I did come back with a decent enough photo which looks better in Black and white I think.
The forecast for tomorrow looks promising so I plan to set off early and get at least some references over in the Lakes as the prediction is that we are due another dumping of snow from Tuesday night onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment