Thursday 18 February 2010

A gallery day

Thursdays see me spending the day in the gallery. It gives me a chance to sort out stock and get some of the admin done. Before we open at 10am I take the opportunity to give the dogs a walk so that they settle down in front of the fire in the gallery all day. Fortunately there are some great walks which can start and finish in "Barny" so this morning I wandered through the mixed woodland of Flatts Wood which lies to the west of the town and runs alongside the River Tees. Always plenty of signs of wildlife here and today we were treated to a great view of this Roe Deer Buck.
Not the best photo I admit but it was still before 8am and the sun wasnt exactly shining. His antlers are still "in velvet" and he is quite muted in winter colour. He stood for about three minutes just watching us, as Bailey did with him. The Woodpeckers were also present, drumming on the trees, is this another sign of Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment