Sunday 19 September 2010

A Damp Castle Crag

 An early start was called for so that I could deliver a couple of the completed Wainwright in Colour Fells this morning. Fortunately the deliveries were over in the Borrowdale area so I was able to incorporate a walk with the plan. The weather forecast was pretty poor so I opted for a simple low level route to Castle Crag. At about 8am the low cloud looked as if it would spoil my chances of even obtaining the one reference that I was after today. This was a reference which I should of ticked off on my previous visit to Castle Crag a while ago but due to the fact the subject was from a completely different fell I missed the connection.
 So today I would hopefully get the shot and also give Bailey the chance to tick off another Wainwright.
On Castle Crag.
As can be seen from the picture, the low cloud had been matched with rain by the time we reached the summit. On clear days there are fine views from here of both Borrowdale and to the north but today we were shrouded in mist. never mind, there is always another day and besides, I did get my reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment