Friday 26 March 2010

Painters progress

The Wainwright's in Colour project continues to progress. It seems that if I'm not in the studio painting then I'm either out on the fells or planning my next trip. Every day out on the Lake District Fells has to enable me to tick off as many references as possible and thanks to the recent winter conditions I have been frustrated in obtaining some important photographs. Time is not wasted though as I continue to produce sketches from the references already "in the bag". I would have hoped to work down the list of fells in sequence but this just hasn't been possible.
Work in progress.
Fortunately the snow on the fells is disappearing quickly now so the next few weeks should see me spending some long days out on the fells, weather permitting.

Place Fell from Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment