Monday 29 March 2010

On the Easel

The forecasted snow never turned up, instead it was a day of pretty constant rain making for a day in the studio. Work progressed on the Wainwrights in Colour sketches. It is tempting to work on some of the more interesting scenes from differing fells but with a bit of discipline I just work my way through the paintings. Its quite a challenge but no the less still very enjoyable as every little drawing reminds me of a great day out on the fells.
Long Stile from High Street.
A reference obtained just a couple of weeks ago with a good snow cover on the upper reaches of the ridge.

Ill Bell summit cairn.
Just one of the cairns that stand on this Far Easten Fell. I still have a couple of references to obtain to complete this set of sketches. The route is planned, I just need a good day weatherwise.
In addition to this Blog, The Teesdale Gallery can now be found on Facebook, just search for the name The Teesdale Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment