Saturday 6 March 2010

A day away.

A bit of an unusual day for me today as I had a bit of business to do down near Wrexham, however it did give me a chance to call and see my Mother who lives down that way. A fair bit of driving was involved and an early start was called for. Fortunately the first part of the journey towards the M6 does involve passing close to the Howgills. The dawn was just breaking as I passed the Cross Keys Inn so I couldn't resist this photo.
Cross Keys Inn.
The Howgills are a great range of Hills basically lying between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. They offer some quiet fellwalking over some rounded hills that give excellent views. This year The Wainwright Society's Challenge involves walks on the Howgills and other areas featured by AW in some of his lesser know guide books. To find out more click here. It's a great opportunity to cover new hills (and of course raise funds for a good cause.)
 A long day of driving was worthwhile but reminded me of why you dont see me too often on Motorways.

No comments:

Post a Comment