Tuesday 16 March 2010

A Change of Plans.

I set off quite early this morning in the hope of completing a decent high level route in the Eastern Fells. The weather looked promising as I headed west but by the time I set off walking at 8am the clouds were starting to roll in. In normal circumstances this would not have been a problem but today I had especially set out to tick off some references for the project. Reluctantly, half way up St. Sunday Crag I turned round and adopted plan B. Instead of one long walk we ended up doing five shorter routes. Still, it wasn't a wasted day by any means as I did manage to obtain about twelve more references. The big route will have to wait for another day.
High Sweden Bridge
As you can see, the weather did actually improve during the day. The photos from the day will be online shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment