Friday 10 January 2014

Cover up!

 Work is really progressing apace with the Wainwrights in Colour Project especially after a couple of hiccups in 2013. It really now seems that 2014 will be a very special year for me, not only to fully complete the work but also to get the book finished and published.
 With that in mind I was considering the actual cover for the book. Some of you may have already seen on the website or at the exhibition at Rheged that I have a mock-up of the book complete with cover. I have been having thoughts about the layout of the front cover and the image I want to use after all, it's one of the first things a customer or reader of the book gets to view. For the original idea I used a sketch from the Scafell Pike chapter, the view from Throstle Garth.  Even though its not an aspect seen by most walkers of this fell it is a classic view of England's highest mountain. Due to the size of the original sketch it doesn't fit the cover very well. So I have decided to produce a bigger version of this same image to specifically use for the book front cover.
Work in progress- Scafell Pike from Throstle Garth.

 Now I hadn't intended to work on this painting for a while yet but I have been motivated to produce this painting for a very special reason. Some time ago I was asked to donate an original painting for an auction to raise money for the NSPCC and Childline. With so much work on I am unable to produce work not involved with the Wainwrights in Colour so this will solve the problem. The intention is to donate the original framed painting to the auction but also to produce a high quality limited edition print of the image which will be available for purchase through the gallery website.
 To keep up to date with my progress on this painting then why not like The Teesdale Gallery Facebook page. If you are interested in bidding for the original then just drop me a line info@theteesdalegallery.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment