Saturday 22 February 2014

Scafell Pike goes under the hammer!

Well, as you may have read from my previous post, the work on the painting which will feature as the front cover for the Wainwrights in Colour book has now been completed. Today the work was returned from the printers and I was able to fully frame up the watercolour.
I must admit I am really quite pleased with the way it has turned out, after all, it has been a while since I have produced a decent sized watercolour, sketches have been my output for quite a while. Now all I have to do is wrap up the painting and organise to get it delivered to Manchester for next week this painting is up for auction. All for a great cause, this event is to raise money for the NSPCC Childline charity. Each year in Manchester they raise a huge amount and hopefully my efforts will assist in adding more to the pot.
 
Scafell Pike from the Gorge of the Esk.
I understand that the reserve for the framed painting is set at £500 and the auction takes place in the Hilton Hotel Manchester on Saturday 1st March. If anyone is interested in placing a bid for this unique painting which will be the front cover for the Wainwrights in Colour book then just let me know and I will put you in touch with the auction organiser. info@theteesdalegallery.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment