Saturday 3 July 2010

A wild Friday night out.

  Maybe it's something to do with my age but to me now a preferred "wild night out" is standing on top of a windy fell watching the sun go down! So that what I got up to last night after heading over to Kirby Stephen I took the simple there and back route up to Nine Standards Rigg. Leaving the car at 8pm I hoped that my visit to these fine cairns would be timed just right for the sunset which on my last visit on 21st April didnt come to much. Even tonight didnt look too promising as I crossed the moor. However, luck was on my side and after a short wait on the summit I was rewarded with the collection of cairns being lit by the late sun.
Nine Standards.
This is just one of the earlier shots as the sun went down. Photos are now online: http://www.theteesdalegallery.co.uk/ and visit the "On Location" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment