Wednesday 28 July 2010

Raven Crag

  It seems such a long time since I have been out on the hills, so today I was able to combine a bit of business with pleasure. After first meeting up with some clients and delivering to them their purchased Wainwrights in Colour fells I had then planned to complete a short route up at the head of Great Langdale. Things were not in my favour, as I drove up to the head of the valley I could see that low cloud covered the top of Bowfell, one of the references that I needed to see. So I opted for plan "B", that was to head homewards and maybe to do a short walk elsewhere.
 Fortunately there were some breaks in the cloud and some late afternoon sun made an appearance. I grabbed the opportunity to walk up to the top of Raven Crag, a small fell near the dam of Thirlmere. The good weather held and our small effort was rewarded with some fine views.
The Dodds and Thirlmere.
I dont usually "do" panoramas but I thought that this one was worth the effort. (Click on the image to view in full)

No comments:

Post a Comment