Thursday 26 August 2010

Self Portrait?

 In all the Pictorial Guides of the Lakeland Fells, Wainwright did a sketch of himself in at least one of the scenes. As part of the Wainwrights in Colour project I decided to emulate his idea so instead of putting him in the scene I will add myself to the spot where he was standing/ sitting.
 In the Central Fells (Book Three) AW places himself on the edge of the cliff of Raven Crag overlooking Thirlmere. I personally think he just added himself at a later date and didnt have a photo of himself actually standing there. Possibly there was no one to take the photo for him "on location" and also his camera didnt have a self timer. Fortunately I usually carry a tripod and my camera has such a facility.
Thirlmere from Raven Crag
Ok so its not a brilliant self portrait but surely you recognise that stance and of course the lack of head hair? The trees on the left have now gone and the once on the right have seen better days. Non the less, this is a fine place to stand and admire the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment