Tuesday 22 June 2010

Overnight on Haystacks

I took the opportunity yesterday to have a "wildcamp" over on the Lakeland Fells. There are plenty of places to go but I opted for a location which would not only enable me to capture some more references but also provide some great views at the end of the day. At this time of the year the sun sets almost along the length of the Buttermere valley so I headed for an ascent of Fleetwith Pike. The weather was perfect and a I was fortunate to watch beautiful sunset as I walked round to my camping site on Haystacks.
Sunset on Fleetwith Pike.
The next day was meant to one of a long walk over Great Gable but unforunately low cloud hung over the tops of the western fells so I had to make alternative plans for the day. It was still a great day to be out on the hills. The photos are now online: http://www.theteesdalegallery.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment