Thursday 24 June 2010

Hot off the easel.

  After a busy period of sketching and painting recently I was a bit under presssure to complete a couple of fells for the Wainwrights in Colour project. One of my customers happened to be having a short stay up in The Lakes and as he lives down in the south of the country I thought it would be a good opportunity to finish his purchased fells and deliver them whilst he was up here. I was hoping that the painting would go according to plan (one sketch recently took me 3 attempts to get it right.) Luckily the paintings worked out and I was able to complete the fells, frame them up and deliver them over to the customer all on the same day.

Buckbarrow.

Swarthbeck Gill, Arthur's Pike.
There was an added bonus to doing this delivery though, an enjoyable evening was had with our friends at The Britannia Inn, Elterwater. Altogether a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment