Sunday 9 May 2010

A Wildlife Day.


Recently I have been fully occupied with the Wainwright sketches which unfortunately means that I have not travelled far from home. I have had to make do with shorter walks for the dogs a couple of time a day. So today it was just in the local area of the house that we got a bit of fresh air. I make a habit of always taking the camera with me as you never know what is gong to pop up. Luckily for me I was giving the dogs a bit of close heel work when I spotted an adult Hare in an adjacent field to where we were. A bit of patience and he got closer and closer enabling me to get some great close-up photos of him. Great poses for future paintings.

On our later walk we were also fortunate to spot this line up of waders just sitting on a dry stone wall. Three Oystercatchers and a Redshank, even though they all breed hereabouts it was so unusual to cature them all in close proximity to each other.

All in all a good day for a bit of wildlife watching, and just on the doorstep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment