Friday 21 May 2010

A Teesdale Treat

The pressure of getting work to get paintings completed has meant that my time has mostly been spent recently in the studio with just short local walks with the dogs, hardly the interesting stuff for blog material.
So today I considered getting out and about, a big walk over on the Lake District Fells was considered but instead I opted for a more local walk up into Upper Teesdale.
The dale boasts some really special flora and fauna and I was hoping to see some of it for myself. Cronkley Fell was the high point of my walk and on such a fine and warm spring day it was a joy to be out. I had timed this day just right as the rare Spring Gentian were in full bloom.
These delightful little plants are really only found in Britain here in Upper Teesdale and on the West Coast of Ireland. There were other highlights to the walk but the striking blue of the gentian made it special.
You can see the whole set of photographs from the day by visiting the website: http://www.theteesdalegallery.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment