Wednesday 7 April 2010

Resisting Temptation

 It was a real temptation today to head over to the Lakes. I have one route in particular which I need to complete before all the snow in the gullies disappears, if I dont get over soon I may have missed my chance. The day here began overcast so I resigned myself to another busy day in the studio. The easel and work surfaces are covered with sketches from various fells in different stages of completion, sort of organised chaos! I work in a order which possibly only I understand but it seems to be getting the work completed.
Hallin Fell from Mellguards.
This is one of todays sketches, interesting in the fact that it is more like the actual view of the fell compared to AW's slightly exaggerated drawing,  hence the extra sky "space" in my sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment