Saturday 17 April 2010

More piles of stones

   Almost daily I complete some elements of the Wainwright sketches. In suppose one of the biggest challenges involved with this work is making each and every painting interesting. By including apsects of the weather and light I am able to enhance some of these scenes. What has proved to be a real test though is the depiction of hundreds of piles of stones either in the form of cairns, old sheepfolds, walls and tumuli. Trying to give the impression of detail without actually drawing every single stone is a problem which I am hopefully meeting.
Seatallan summit cairn. possibly an old tumulus made up of hundreds of similar rocks. Depicting AW's views means that I have no flexibility in composition or angle of view. All part of the project which has kept me so busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment