Friday 8 January 2010

A Visit to the Dogs Trust

As I had to be in Darlington for an hour or two today I took the oportunity to call in at The Dogs Trust at Sadburge. After we lost Zoe last March we have been too busy to bring in a new dog into the fold but now we are a bit more organised I thought it was worth a visit to see what dogs at the centre needed a good home. It's a great set up there and the staff are more than helpful. I suppose I was really keeping an eye out for a dog about Zeta's size, preferably a "gundog" type as they prehaps have the stamina needed to take out onto the fells. Of course there was plenty of choice with about 100 dogs looking for the right owner.
There were a couple which really took my eye but this one was possibly the one which seemed to tick all the right boxes.
This is Bailey, a young Setter/ Lab cross. He is looking a bit thin at the minute, possibly due to the stress of being in the kennels. All I have to do is persuade "the other half" that he would be a great addition to ouir team and of course I hope that he wants to come home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment